Saturday, September 27, 2014

Logic

In this topic I learned what a fallacy is and the meaning of what a fallacy is. The definition of a fallacy is a statement that does not have logic behind the reasoning of the statement. But most of these statements in most readings, newspaper, and in the news are either true or false depending how it is presented to you. It has to reveal a lack in the reasoning of the logic. There are different types of fallacies and there are two types the first one is a formal fallacy and the second is a
substantive fallacy. Most articles has a formal fallacies which was easier to identify which has inappropriate connections are failures of logical connections these articles are trying to make.

The other fallacy is substantive which is the inappropriate connections involve reliance on some very general unjustified assumptions or inferences. This fallacy is probably the more difficult ones because I was having problem myself on how to identify a substantive fallacy in one of my many articles I was reading . I had no clue which statement was a substantive statement in one of the articles I printed out from one of the newspaper websites I was on.

No comments: