Sunday, December 14, 2014

Essential Philosophical Questions: " The Unexamined Life is Not Worth Living" - Philosophy

     In a recent activity that I did in my FCIQ class was questioning a question, where many classmates would have to respond to an end product of our groups of this philosophy group activity. In my group the philosophical question we asked with my group was " What is honesty" in my opinion honesty has negative and positive impacts because honesty has many different layer of levels. Honesty can be telling a lie or not when in reality it is actually the truth you are telling to someone or something. The response I give to the class during my group presentation was first by telling a quote by Rick Riordan " It takes strength and courage to admit the truth". In simplifying this into my own words I said it in my own words which was it takes your physical abilities and mental being in order to tell the truth through our your personal experiences, social life, and all other life that reflects honesty because honesty is within your words of talking verbally. Also, it takes your whole well being to take in the truth knowing it will hurt someone else in admitting it to the truth than actually lying about it in reality. In connection with the other disciplines I believe that sociology make me especially think different in how I see things in my mind now because in the first unit logic has made me develop more ideas in order to focus better in philosophy discipline, so I can better understand this discipline better than the text can ever say directly to me when I analyze it.

No comments: